Electric Heater Hire
- A furnace is a device used for heating. The name derives from Latin fornax, oven. The earliest furnace was excavated at Balakot, a site of the Indus Valley Civilization, dating back to its mature phase (c. 2500-1900 BC). The furnace was most likely used for the manufacturing of ceramic objects.
- Electric heating is any process in which electrical energy is converted to heat. Common applications include heating of buildings, cooking, and industrial processes.
- Employ for a short time to do a particular job
- rent: hold under a lease or rental agreement; of goods and services
- engage or hire for work; "They hired two new secretaries in the department"; "How many people has she employed?"
- Employ (someone) for wages
- Make oneself available for temporary employment
- a newly hired employee; "the new hires need special training"
A chauffeur is a person employed to drive a passenger motor vehicle, especially a luxury vehicle such as a large sedan or limousine.
Originally such drivers were always personal servants of the vehicle owner, but now in many cases specialist chauffeur service companies, or individual drivers provide both driver and vehicle for hire, although there are service companies that just provide the driver.
The term "chauffeur" comes from the French term for stoker because the earliest automobiles, like their railroad and sea vessel counterparts, were steam-powered and required the driver to stoke the engine. Early petrol/gasoline-powered motor cars, before the advent of electric ignition, were ignited by 'hot tubes' in the cylinder head which had to be pre-heated before the engine would start. Hence the term 'chauffeur' which, in this context, means something like 'heater-upper'. The chauffeur would prime the hot tubes at the start of a journey, after which the natural compression cycle of the engine would keep them at the correct temperature.
Ribble Generating Station statistics 1923 - 1947
Domestic appliance hire statistics from the Preston electricity showrooms on Lune st. Every picture tells a story. Back boilers, the coal range and gas reigned supreme for water heating until the mid 30's until the introduction of the electric immersion heater. People were still wary of mixing water and electricity until the 60's. The public information campaigns of the post war period advanced the health benefits of the weekly bath.
propane heater inside
electric air heaters
manufactured home water heater
hot water heater anode
hot water heaters on demand
batch solar water heater
best space heaters 2011
120v car heater
most efficient electric heaters
| TOP |